The Center for Perioperative Outcomes (CPO) offers collaborators access to national and local databases. CPO researchers have a unique opportunity to select the data source that best fits their study objectives.
Each database has unique requirements for research. Interested investigators may send inquires to CPO@med.cornell.edu
. Researchers need to work closely with CPO staff to adhere to data use aggrements and select the most appropriate data source.
In addition to local electronic health record data availble for extration, the CPO offers the following databases:
- Local Research Data Repository (RDR): The Department of Anesthesiology, in partnership with the Architecture for Research Computing in Health (ARCH) in the Information Technologies & Services Department (ITS) has created a Research Data Repository (RDR) to assemble pre, intra, and postoperative data in a single location. This RDR allows for easy access to various pieces of information (demographic, clinical, provider, and outcomes) necessary to confirm clinical and outcome-based hypotheses.
- For more information about RDRs please visit the ARCH site.
- Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- State Inpatient Database: Large administrative database containing approximately 97% of all inpatient discharge records from community hospitals. Medicare, Medicaid, privately insured and uninsured patients are all included.
- Multicenter Perioperative Outcomes Group: A consortium of more than 50 medical centers aggregating large volumes of observational perioperative electronic health record (EHR) data and patient-reported outcomes to facilitate research and quality initiatives.
For any questions related to database access, including to the Department of Anesthesiology's local Research Data Repository, contact us.